I recently got nominated for my very first blog award by a fantastic fellow blogger Kayla_James
! I was ecstatic to have received recognition for my new blog. Thank you, Kayla!
Here are some details about the award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs.
Now, for my 11 random facts:
- I began blogging as a way for me to hopefully inspire others through my running and other life experiences, and share tips/advice to any!
- I was the only female to play the baritone in my elementary and middle school band.
- I am a morning person, as I usually wake up every day around 5:30 to swim or exercise of some sort!
- My home is my favorite place on Earth, because it is where my family resides and where I share many memories.
- My dream vacation spot is Hawaii! I hear wonderful things about it, and love beaches!
- Spiders is one fear I do not believe I will ever overcome.
- When I was little, I was so shy and timid, I would not talk to ANYONE! I have now conquered this fear of speaking up and am friendly to anyone I run into!
- I am a real sucker for romantic things, such as chick flicks and romantic songs like “Truly, Madly, Deeply” by Savage Garden.
- My biggest pet peeve is when people interrupt me mid-sentence!
- I exercise as a way to combat stress and anxiety, go figure!
- If I were to invite 3 people to my fantasy dinner, I believe I would choose my family. I don’t love anyone in the world more than my family. I would choose my brother, Dad, and Mom!
1. If you had to choose between one of the following and give up the others, forever, what would you choose? Chocolate, chips, wine, or ice cream? I would give up wine! While I enjoy a glass of wine every now and then, I only consume it on rare occasions, so I would certainly be able to live without this.
2. What sports did you play as a kid? Were you any good? As a child, I played field hockey and gymnastics. I was not very good at either, hence why I have turned into a runner!
3. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? I would travel to Hawaii!
4. What’s your favourite blog to read? I can’t pick a specific blog, but I love reading food blogs. I enjoy getting different ideas for cooking and baking.
5. Do you have kids or want to have kids someday? Did your mind change drastically about this topic at some point? I don’t currently have kids, but would love to at some point.
6. What’s the best book you’ve ever read? I love reading medical mysteries. One of the most recent ones that I read was called “Cheating Death” by Sanjay Gupta. It is about patients who defy the odds against rare diseases and medical illnesses.
7. What crafty skill do you wish you had or do you wish you were better at? I wish that I was much faster at knitting and crocheting!
8. Where would you live if you knew you had a job there? I believe I would live in Philadelphia.
9. Are you a dog or cat person? This all depends on the animal. I love both, but it depends on how they are trained or what their personality entails.
10. What’s your most embarrassing moment? One night I was walking back from a friend’s house and slipped on ice. Instead of immediately getting up, I sat for a second or two, enough for plenty of driver-by’s to see me!
11. Where do you see yourself in five years in a sentence? I see myself in a much higher level in my company, after completing a post-graduate degree and hopefully married.
Other bloggers that I have tagged: